Single Review: Call My Name by Cheryl



Say My Name is a brand new single by Cheryl Cole, Opps! I mean Cheryl. Produced by Calvin Harris, you know the one that produced We Found Love - Rihanna.



Cut things straight, this single sucks and doesn't stand along when compared to other Cheryl's hits. The sound is SILLY aka generic and the lyric, you know, sounds dumb.


I don't know If someone could digg this song, because I can't. When the song start, I could have mistake this song as Dance Again song by Jennifer Lopez.


Maybe, the producer could have done much better if they do something with the vocal layering thingy. Too much layering have turned this record as OVERPRODUCED. If they set some parts to be layered and some parts aren't, I think this song could have been a little bit better.

Last but not least, I think Calvin is too preoccupied with his success with We Found Love that he tried to create another We Found Love with this one, there's some similarity of chord progression in this song. Unfortunately, this single isn't destined to be a top hit. Top forty if LUCKY.


Comments

Popular Posts