Single Review: Girl Gone Wild by Madonna



After the lukewarm success of her first single "Give Me All Your Luvin", Madonna recently confirmed that "Girl Gone Wild" will be her second single for her new upcoming album MDNA.



In my honest opinion, I think "Gimme All Your Luvin" is much better than "Girl Gone Wild". This song looks like a rip off from Madonna's "Confession on a Dance Floor". This song just screams one thing.. RECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE.. Ar least her first single from MDNA is a concept she haven't done before.


Lyrically, don't expect genius and deep lyric like she used to had in the 90's. This new Madonna will only sings Generic song that is paired with Generic lyric. Enough said....


Madonna's vocal on This song is HIGHLY synthesized with what we called as STUDIO MAGIC. That makes her sounds like a ROBOT instead of Human. 


Some might like it, and some might hate it (me). I always aspect something better by Madonna as I USED to be her fanZZZZ.. I mean, I love all her 90's songs and keep repeating it until TODAYYY.. 


But I don't think I will keep repeating "Girl Gone Wild" on my iTunes playlist... 


Eventhough today music scenes are filled by club and dance songs, I don't think "Gone Gone Wild" will do well on top 40 radios. This song is not a RADIO friendly song, and it is HUGE risk for Madonna to gamble this song as her second single.


We all know, Madonna is not relevant anymore in the US for almost a decade with the exemption of "Confession on a Dance Floor" album. 

Comments

Popular Posts